The multidisciplinary team approach is acknowledged as the common characteristic of the best new models for primary care. On this basis, the Strategic Programme will work to support the transformation of the primary care workforce.
The work stream sets out to address four key overarching themes within workforce and organisational development:
- Efficiency; and
Activities to support these themes include:
- Workforce data and planning.
- Addressing issues around employment and retension.
- Role development (where identified) as required to support MDT.
- Education that increases exposure to primary care.
- Fit-for-purpose training.
- Means of sharing best practice that is evidenced based.